Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Harrys Vest


Harry's Vest, originally uploaded by Aussie Maria.


Hi everyone

Wanted to try a simple new pattern - who doesn't ???? ☺ ☺ ☺
And I wanted to check out this wool in a knitted pattern. I have used it repeatedly for crocheting and loved it and wanted to see how the fabric would turn out - WONDERFUL!!!!! is the answer to that

So I made this for a friends little boy.

Very simple and quick. But I still have to check sizing. This size is for a 2 year old. Now the little boy is only 13 months old, but we breed them big down-under. Hopefully I will be able to get a photo with him in it - if it fits!!!!

Details - Pattern here
Yarn - Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8ply in Mulga, stripes are Bendigo's Luxury 8ply in Citrus - used a total of 118g
Needles - 4mm
Size - 2 years, measures 53cm around chest

Modifications - worked the front straps to 3" and joined, measurements were then the same as back, without the overlap for buttons.
I did not understand the patterns method of casting off, so I did it my normal way.

Definitely this one will be repeated in lots of sizes and colours. A quick knit for a baby or toddler

Bye for now

BTW - Anyone else have a Ravelry queue longer than their projects completed??????

3 comments:

  1. The vest looks fantastic Maria. I love the colors you used too. I dont think my queue will ever be shorter than my projects finished, I dont think I will even live long enough to finish them either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour you have used Maria!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this vest. Simple lines and lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete