Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Reworked Souths Blanket

Hi everyone

Some of you who have been around for a while may remember this

This was D3's Xmas blanket for her NRL team - Souths
She really wanted something bigger
So I undid all the borders back to this .....


So that makes it 7 x 7
Adding a few more squares, it became this

So big I could not get high enough to get a full photo of it  ☺
11 x 13 squares a total of 130 x 155 cm
And quite weighty
While I did love the outer border on the original blanket (which was worked in htr/hdc, one row per colour), I did not know if I would have enough wool left to even do one of this border.  So there is a small border of one row of each colour worked in sc/dc

The wool of course is Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic in 8 ply

I'm still waiting for input as to how it works for D3 - but she was most appreciative of what I had done ☺

7 comments:

  1. Its fantastic Maria, what a great crocheter you are :)) I love the pattern layout you have chosen also..
    have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your definition of a few more squares - almost twice as many as there were before. Lol.
    It looks lovely and, like pattas, I like the pattern layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A monster effort! Great work, Maria.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blanket has grown quite a bit!
    Beautiful work Maria!

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is beautiful!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blanket. It's really big now. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really nice Maria. You've done a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete