Pages

Friday 26 March 2010

Books & Movies

Hi everyone

Now we all know the saying - don't judge a book by its cover!!!!!  Well I found one example where this just was not true.

I became a of fan of  "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" trilogy about a year ago.  The title of the book grabbed my attention and the synopsis was intruiging.



I have no knowledge about Sweden and found the first few chapters labourious to get through.  But to me, it seems that the author was laying down a very large, but strong foundation.  Because after the initial chapters, the book starts speeding away and my interest was captured.  I found it hard to put down towards the end. 

So of course I bought the next 2 books in the trilogy.  Basically they follow the same principles.  Heavy, large foundation, then the book gets going.

Well last night I went and saw the movie.

It is in Swedish with English sub-titles.  Main complaint I have is that the sub-titles were in white type which was extremely hard to read at times when the background was light.  I think it should have had black outline on the type, which would have disappeared on the darker backgrounds.

Even so, I found it easy to follow - especially knowing the story-line!!!!  Hubby had a little difficulty, especially when he could not read the sub-titles, but he said he got the jist of the story.

For once, a movie followed the story-line and did not change it - Yeah!!!!  A few small things were left out, but they really had no affect on the story.  The movie had a slight amount of difficulty allowing you to get into Lisbeth's head, but you get the hint of what is to come.

The colours were a bit soft/faded.  I thought Sweden would be more vibrant with the greens and blues.  But when they get to Australia it all turned yellow!!!!!  What-the!!!!!

Over-all I enjoyed it thoroughly

Have a great weekend

6 comments:

  1. I loved the first two books. Still need to read the last. I can't wait to see this movie. I didn't even know they made the movie alread. Great news. Have you ever read. THE GLASS CASTLE and HALF BROKEN HORSES....

    Great news my friend Marie... I knew I like you for a reason...he-he... Nothing better than a good read

    Nite-Night

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time I've heard of this book today and I had never heard of it before. Word around says it is a very good read so thanks for the tip.I'll pick it up when I see it.
    cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good that the movie stays true to the book. I shall never forget reading the book Captain Corellis Manodlin and sobbed bucket whilst reading it - then the film ugh rubbish!! I must look out these books, like Helen I hadn't heard of them. **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely when you really enjoy a good book!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great to find a book that you really enjoy..

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a book that's worth a read! I never seem to enjoy the film as much as the book. I guess you build such a fixed idea of characters etc, that they are never quite recaptured in film. Ros

    ReplyDelete