Pages

Monday 10 August 2009

Hi everyone - this will be my first real post (intro just does not count) and I seem to be having trouble sorting out my photos, so I will just talk about them as they have loaded.

But firstly - Yahoo - Go Aussie Go - Good on the Australian Cricket Team for the win at Headingly (I think that is spelt right) bring the Ashes home!!!!!!

My baby ripple blanket - stash busting and trying out a pattern. It is made from cotton, the green is 4ply doubled, cream is 4ply mixed with the green and the white is 8ply. Did I mention it was crocheted - oops










After wanting to get to Western Australia and especially Broome for a very, very, very, long time I finally got there - Yipppeee!!!!

This is the Kimberley Cup at Broome Turf Club - not much in the way of grass, but plenty of red dirt.
Wonderful day and the people were so very friendly.










A panoramic shot of Cable Beach - the sand is very white compared to the red dust everywhere else.


And just one of the beautiful sunsets that the west has to offer sailing just off Cable Beach, Broome.
What a fantastic day we had!!! Everybody on board was out to celebrate the day!







I finally got to visit the birthplace of my grandfather - Raymond COHEN and the final resting place of my great-great-grandfather - Benjamin COHEN - Perth!!!!

It is a very long trip from where I live on the east side of Australia. A flight of about 5 hours. Driving time would be 3 solid days of driving for at least 12 hours per day.
We then had another flight of 2 hours 15 minutes to get to Broome!!! Tiring but well worth it.
Definitely a place I would love to explore more of. It was very easy to get around Perth and Broome. Public transport was fairly well defined and help was usually at hand. More photos to come
And I have to say although the trip to Perth was planned, my DH surprised me with the trip to Broome for our anniversary!!!
This enables me to now cross of two items on my Bucket List - visiting Perth & Broome!!! What a start
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment