Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

Baby Vintage Patterns

Do you remember this?

Chickadee Vest inside

The Chickadee Vest with Mods

 

Well, I decided to re-visit this pattern and actually work the pattern it’s suppose to have

Chickadee Singlet 8ply Cotton

I again modified the pattern a little – Chickadee Singlet

The original does have the rib hem, I worked garter

And the lacy bit is supposed to be in garter.  When I tried that it just reminded me of a beginner knitters project with holes  Smile.  I also knew I was limited in the amount of cotton I had, as you can see by the contrast crochet around the neckline and armholes – I ran out. So I tried it in stocking stitch.  Much prefer it that way

Yarn used is Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply Cotton Daffodil (so very soft) on 3.75mm needles

Pattern worked up about 3-6mths size

 

The pattern is from this old Patons booklet

Patons R18

Have a lovely weekend

Here is another singlet I made from this pattern book

Again with mods :-0

Heartbreaker Singlet 8ply Cotton

Heartbreaker, again with mods (worked a lace border on bottom and in the round)

Again from Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply Cotton New Ochre on 3.75mm

 

 

I’m off for a romantic, freeze-your-butt-off holiday.

Will tell you about it on my return – maybe Winking smile

5 comments:

  1. They look amazing Maria. I love the colours.
    Enjoy your holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those old patterns, but your versions look so much nicer, beautiful colours! Enjoy your Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous patterns Maria.. Beautifully knitted :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria,
    I can't believe that old Patons baby book is still doing the rounds! I too have that book and have made many things from it. Enjoy your knitting.
    Regards, Anita.

    ReplyDelete