Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

What to do

Hi everyone

I seem to be in a quagmire at the moment
And I will not share photos of that ☺

I do have a project on the needles at the moment (yes knitting again)
Love the yarn (wool/silk/mohair)
Love the colour
Love the pattern
But something is just not working for me
It's been sitting there for days with me not touching it (I have worked 3 pattern repeats)

My fingers are itching to knit or crochet
But nothing seems to be grabbing my interest

And the reason ????
  • the heat (a week over 36C) and humidity (over 90%) - probably
  • is the yarn not right for the pattern - maybe, it does not quite match the thoughts I had for it in my head
  • that the project is for me - maybe
  • another project messing in my head - definitely(and this one will be a gift for autumn or winter)
  • and another project in my head which is still looking for the right pattern/inspiration/idea, and has been there for about 6 months - definitely
  • the fact that they're knitting projects - a tiny bit, I think I may need to work both a crochet and knitting project
Anyone else suffering these dilemma's?????

Thanks for reading

P.S - Thank you all so much for your kind words on my Silky Oak Zen - definitely not something I am wearing for a while ☺

11 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, I reckon when the weather decides to cool down , that knitting/crochet project will grab you and you will running with it..

    Relax with a pile of mags and a nice cool drink.. LOL..
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel Maria. This weather has me in the same frame of mind. I have a cute toy to sew up but no motivation to do it or to even begin a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just not firing at the moment either. I'm sick of Summer, hurry on Winter. I get my energy back then.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about knitting when the weathers very hot, I don't normally knit much in the summer, unless it's a typically rainy British summer, I tend to sew.

    I'm wondering if the project you're talking about is the Noro silk garden yarn as mine's on the back burner at the moment........I'm finding it a bit scratchy to knit with......hope it improves with washing.

    Hopefully when the weather cools down you'll feel more like knitting again.
    florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about it Maria, your enthusiasm will return with the cooler weather - I'm surprised you achieve as much as you do in that heat! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heat - I understand that - tassie only gets three really hot days a year - today was one of them - no inclination to go near the wool !
    Autumns coming if thats any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling - I have so many projects that are started but since the air con in our lounge room has been broken and we are STILL waiting for it to be fixed (since Dec) I just have no real interest in crafting at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maria...I hear you!!!
    I think it really is in the air...I have started and stopped so many projects I have almost given up...Hopefully there will be a 'change' in the air very soon...Like a nice cool breeze...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Us ladies in the Uk will do a swap with you! Cold here.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria
    Lovely to have you visiting me !
    I find it very strange that all of you in Australia are longing for autumn/winter to arrive for cooler days when we here are desparate for spring to arrive. I would love to feel some heat!! :)
    Hope you get back to your knitting soon.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it's just good to have a rest and clear the cobwebs. I wish we had some of your heat here.

    ReplyDelete