Pages

Monday 29 November 2010

The Ashes

Well we are back from QLD, tired and totally worn out - lots and lots of walking were done and lots and lots of watching cricket too

Only a few photos were taken as I just did not feel like getting behind a camera - rather be "in the moment" - if you know what I mean.

  • So, we got to see Siddle take a hat-trick the first day!!!!!! What an atmosphere in the stadium for that - the roar was unbelievable.
  • Doherty made his Test debut for Australia and took wickets!!!!!
  • Hussey (Mr Cricket) made 195!!!! He is one of my fave players - so down-to-earth
  • and Haddin made 136!!!!!
Not bad for 3 days

Now I have to say that we had lots and lots of conversations with Pommies - Australian Pommies and English Pommies.




Absolutely amazing how many were at the cricket ☺ ☺ ☺




BTW - "The Queen" was sitting in front of us on the 2nd day, but I felt rude grabbing a photo, but "shim" did make the local papers.  She loved to go walking and often was found stirring up the Barmy Army (who were on the other side of the oval from us, a bit hard to find in the photo) when they were too quiet with her graceful wave  ☺  ☺  ☺

Nov 2010 GABBA 1st Ashes Test

And now a thank you - for no particular reason, other than its nice to say when its not prompted ☺

Well done to QLD Transit Authority (I think that's what they are called)!!!!!!
They provided FREE!!!!! buses from various points in the city to and from The Gabba
Very, very handy for us
It was chaotic at the end of the day, but moving over 35,000 people would always cause a problem

And to Brisbane Council who had a LARGE number of double bins (garbage/recycle) strewn throughout the city.  The streets were lovely and clean.  A pleasure to walk.

P.S. - Just noticed that I have over 300 emails and 300 blog feeds to read.  Oops, it will take me a while to catch up with eveyone.  But I will eventually

Bye for now

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back Maria. Glad to hear that you had a good time while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OI oi oi.....Ripper show Maria.. I watched a little of the game not being a cricket fan myself( LOL yeah right ) I did manage to crochet a scarf. Hope you are not being washed away with all that rain..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a wonderful time xx We come to Oz in February -- we are so excited x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat, to be there in all that atmosphere. We watch from our living room to a chorus of shouting from my husband every time something special happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a great time in my home state. I woke the baby up yelling at the TV when Siddle got his hat trick.

    ReplyDelete