Pages

Monday 14 December 2009

Sunny days

Hi everyone
For those who need a little sun cause its cold and dark, here is my weekend.

Friday night, after hubby finished work, we went down to Bobbin Head, about 15 mins drive from home, and had dinner - prawns, bbq chicken, salad and a little red wine.  Bobbin Head is inside Kuringai National Park which has the Hawkesbury River running through it



I love our bush!!!
  I love the trees, I love the scents, I love the texture of it, I love the rocks, I love the birds, I love the native flora and fauna.
Not so nice are the snakes and spiders, but if your lucky you can avoid them.


Saturday morning we were off to Central Coast for hubby to play cricket.  On the way we stopped off at Brooklyn, just to sit by the water.  This is another part of the Hawkesbury River.  The outlet to the ocean is under the bridge to the left of the photo


By the way, the clouds you see were very welcomed by us!!!  It gave a bit of relief from the very hot sun  :-)

Sunday, hubby's work held there Christmas Party at Galston, where we got to see this ........


And lastly here are some Christmas Decorations that my mother made, quite a few years ago, with a local crafting group ....



Had never seen the buttons on the Snowman before till a breeze blew at just the right moment  :-)


Bye for now

7 comments:

  1. You certainly had a busy, Aussie weekend. I imagine you felt very good after such a fun time.
    Aren't we lucky to have such clever mothers? Hope all that talent has rubbed off on us!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria
    Your weekend looked perfect! What lovely snowman buttons your mum did a very good job with the christmas crafting - see it does get passed on!! Its really cold here and there may be snow towards the end of the week so it is lovely to feel the heat through yours and Helsies blogs!!!!! Not sure about spiders though - can put up with snakes but not spiders!!!!!!!!! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place to spend the weekend. I've always wanted to go to Australia for a visit. Maybe one day.

    Love the reindeer and snowman. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I just love these photos. HOw lucky you are! What beautiful scenery! Love your mothers Christmas decorations.Really lovely.
    Thanks for sharing! Can you send us some sunshine please?
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in such a beautiful place. I love the snowman and the reindeer too. My sister made the same reindeer a few years ago now and he turned out just as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas is about a wintery as mine is here in the Arizona desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Is that the sun I see. I'm so jealous. What I wouldn't give for a sunny day. Just cold and gray... keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete