Pages

Thursday 12 November 2009

Red & Blue & Brown & ...

Hi everyone
I promised a show of the ripple pillow on Monday.
Well Mon, Tues & Wed just were off days for me, so it will just have to be today.

I actually finished the pillow on Friday. Another hand-made gift for Xmas and this will be a big test as its for DD1 and she has not seen any of the projects I have been up to.

So here it is, perched on my lounge, which luckily is in a similar colour as DD1's lounge ....

V
V
So although I was off-colour and could not concentrate on the Autumn ripple, I did manage to find my favourite reindeer - or in this case snow deer :-)))



I also made this for a gift.
Now there is a story to tell behind this yarn and I am so glad it is gone.
I bought the yarn a few years ago thinking I would make myself a simple singlet top. Cotton a great choice for summer and as it had texture I could knit it plain. Weeelllll ......... this yarn is horrible, I will never again go near textured yarn. In parts the cotton (I think it was a cotton mix) felt like string with bumps on it. It affected my tension badly, and then I noticed that my fingers were turning blue - the dye was coming out. But I kept going and finished the top - it was OK.
But then I found that it kept stretching and stretching and the dye kept coming out wash after wash. I gave it away in the end.
Now this is a washcloth. Not super soft, but ok. And at least the dye should run in the bath or shower :-)
Must warn the recipient :-)

And here is the start of the Autumn ripple - note to me I must start with looser chains when rippling!!!!!
For some reason I could not concentrate on the ripples over the last few days, so that is why I went back to knitting
I did do some reading in the off-time though, which I will save for the next post
Its another scorcher here today and there are fire-bans through most of my state. Need to keep cool
Bye for now



4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria Its chilly and wet here in the UK and sooo dark! Seems me trying to keep warm and you trying trying to keep cool!! Your ripple cushion is a great success glad you perserverd with it and your 'snowdeer' is cute what a nice present for someone. Hope you are feeling a bit better now and at least you were able to read and knit in your off-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria,
    I agree with Kim, its cold miserable and dark here. I think we all wish we were with you. We could have a get to-gether! Got any free rooms available? Kim and myself aren't doing that much,except a bit of Flickr and Crocheting. ha.ha. ! to keep our fingers warm.....
    Glad you are a rippling!! You are doing so....well.
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Really like all your treasures here today. I think th snow deer is too cute. I'm really like in the ripple colors. Can't wait to hear what you have been reading. I need to take some time and get back to that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. You've got a lot of projects going on! That ripple pillow is so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete