Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2009

The Kurrajongs

Hi everyone
Firstly some lovely lilies that DH bought home on Thursday. He bought them with all the buds closed tight so that I would get to enjoy them opening. Now if you have read my profile I mention that I like reading. I have not even mentioned it here at all, so I thought from time to time I should do that. So here is the first ......
I enjoy history, I love Australia, and I have more than a passing interest in the human side of war. Not so much the battles and deaths, more the intimate stories behind it, so this book is a great start.
The author, Ian Small, has labelled it a "faction" a mix of fact and fiction. I think he got the mix right, it certainly kept me entertained and I also checked for more information on the "The Kurrajongs". So if you have an interest in Inverell, NSW or 33rd Battalion you should pick up the book from here or at the St Ives Heritage Craft Fair (which is where I got mine from).
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it lovely when you are really interested in something!
    How's the rippling?
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete