Pages

Friday 9 October 2009

Hemispheres

Hi everyone
Last night I got to thinking before falling asleep - now that is dangerous for me, especially if it is something I am trying to work out. And last night it was colour!!!!

All through our winter I was craving, needing, wanting rainbow colours - Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Lavender & Purple and thus my rainbow Hex blanket started. Unfortunately I ran out of Yellow one row short, which leads to the possibility of Red & Orange going the same way, so will have to wait while I order the wool online from here.

So my mind is wandering - I have started my DD2's Rabbitohs blanket (which even better is Xmas colours!!!!!)

Now a lot of people love colour in cold, dull winters - so I am "normal".

But last night .........

The colours racing through my head were inspired by this and this.

So yes, I now feel the need for ....

deep, liquid Shiraz red
soft, pumpkin orange
liquid gold
dark, forest green
and lovely, chocolate, yummy brown

Am I in the wrong hemisphere ??????

The colours are autumn colours!!!!!! And I am going very shortly into summer.

Now I am NEVER, EVER, EVER ahead of fashion, trends etc. So then that means I must be a season out on the other side of the world!!!! :-))))))

And some of my most favourite flowers also match this - daffodils (which I have never managed to grow too well as the weather is always too warm) and tulips - I love them!!! Need to get to the Bowral Tulip festival or even better Tasmania.

Lucky DH found me some to watch open :-)
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. I dream about color toooooooooo..... So much that some times it keeps me up at night. Thanks so much for the link over to my blog.

    I have sooooooo much reading and catching up too do. Hope to be back in the swing of things by Monday.

    Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete