Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

I succumbed ........

Hello to those who are still popping in and saying hello.
I was surprised to read comments on the post after such a long gap between posts.  But they made me very happy - Thank you

So what have I succembed to?????

SOCKS!!!

For years I have admired all those pretty socks that others have made.  But I could not understand as to why to knit socks???  They aren't expensive and there are so many types out there.
And if I am being honest, they scared me a little.  Especially with all I have read.

But I decided to challenge myself and try something new and find out what all the Yahoo is about hand-knit socks.
So with all I have read, and knowing myself, I decided to knit two-at-a-time so as not to suffer from 2nd sock syndrome :-).
I also prefer to knit booties from the bottom up, so of course its toe-down for these.

Amazingly enough, after one tiny hiccup, I found Judy;s Magic Cast On easy!!!!
And I am so enjoying knitting these - no rush, in my own time

But I wonder if they will fit :-)

Pattern is The Time Traveller on Ravelry - my project notes are here

Have a great day

3 comments:

  1. I love the colours in the sock yarn, Maria. I always say that one day I must have a go at knitting socks too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your socks so far Maria... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Maria,
    Just popping in from the UK to say hi!
    Nice to see you are still doing your Knitting!:)
    Love and best wishes
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete